Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test that is IIT JAM 2017 accepts applications from eligible candidates for admission in Integrated PhD Degree Programmes at the IIS’c Bangalore and M.Sc. for two years. It offers M.Sc. – PhD Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc.-PhD, and M.Sc. – M.Tech. M.Sc.-M.S. (Research)/PhD Dual Degree and Other Post – Bachelor’s Degree’s for the academic year 2017-18.
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. or JAM 2017 will be held on 12th February 2017 at IIT’s such as Bhubaneswar (IITBBS), Bombay (IITB), Delhi (IITD), Gandhinagar (IITGN), Guwahati (IITG), Hyderabad (IITH), Indore (IITI), Jodhpur (IITJ), Kanpur (IITK), Kharagpur (IITKgp), Madras (IITM), Patna (IITP), Roorkee (IITR) and Ropar (IITRPR) for the academic session 2017-18
JAM 2017 is open for all nationals but foreign nationals will be required to satisfy the rules and regulations for the admitting Institutes for their admission.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission through JAM 2017
The candidates who qualify the JAM 2017 shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admission in IIS’c and IIT’s. Candidates should have at least 55% aggregate marks for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST and PwD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
The eligibility conditions for various courses in PhD courses for IIT JAM 2017 are as follows:
• Joint M.Sc.-PhD. in Geophysics requires bachelor’s degree with any two subjects from Physics, Mathematics and Geology for three years that is six semesters.
• M.Sc.-PhD. Dual Degree in Energy requires bachelor’s degree with any one of the subjects among Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics for two years that is four semesters, and from any one of the remaining two subjects for at least one year that is two semesters.
• M.Sc.-PhD. Dual Degree in Environmental Science & Engineering requires bachelor’s degree with any one of subjects among Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics for two years that is four Semesters, and at least any one of the two subjects for at least one year that is two Semesters.
• M.Sc.-PhD. Dual Degree in Operations Research requires bachelor’s degree with Mathematics or Statistics as a subject for at least two years that is four semesters.
The important dates for JAM 2017 are as follows:
• A candidate can register and apply online for JAM 2017 from 1st September to 4th October 2016 only.
• Date of JAM 2017 Exam: 12th February 2017 (Sunday)
• Session-I: 09.00 am to 12.00 noon [Test Paper – BL, MA, PH]
• Session-II: 02.00 pm to 05.00 pm [Test Paper – BT, CY, GG, MS]
IIT Joint Admission Test 2017 Admission Procedure
Check out the following admission procedure through JAM 2017:
• Admission to the above given academic programmes in IIS’c Bangalore and IIT’s for the academic session 2017-18 will be made on the basis of all India merit list of JAM 2017.
• Candidates who qualify any test paper of JAM 2017 shall be eligible to apply for admission to all the academic programmes corresponding to that test paper, provided they satisfy the minimum educational qualification criteria as specified by the Institutes in which the admission is to be conducted.
• After the declaration of the results the qualified candidates will be required to apply for the Organizing Institute that is IIT Delhi by specifying their preferences for the programmes for which the admission is meant for.
• Candidates should know that being in the merit list of any test paper does not guarantee nor provides any automatic promise for admission in any institute.
How to Apply for IIT JAM 2017
The important information and the information brochure of JAM 2017 will be updated from time to time on the official website that is http://jam.iitd.ac.in/. The application fee can be paid online and the application fee is non-refundable.
M. Sc., M. Tech and PHD Programmes in IIT’s Admission through JAM
The following are the full-time M.Sc., Joint M.Sc.-PhD., M.Sc.-PhD. Dual Degree and other post-bachelor’s degree programmes at different IIT’s in which admissions shall be made on the basis of the result of JAM 2017.
• IIT Bombay (IITB) offers two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) programmes in (i) Applied Geology, (ii) Applied Geophysics (iii) Applied Statistics and Informatics, (iv) Biotechnology, (v) Chemistry, (vi) Mathematics, and (vii) Physics.
M.Sc.-PhD. Dual programmes degree in (i) Biotechnology, (ii) Energy, (iii) Environmental Science and Engineering, (iv) Operations Research, and (v) Physics. Both the courses will be awarded together after the successful completion of the degree.
• IIT Kanpur (IITK) offers two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) programmes in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, (iii) Physics, and (iv) Statistics.
Also offers M.Sc.-PhD. Dual Degree programmes.
• IIT Kharagpur (IITKgp) offers joint M.Sc.-PhD. programmes in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Geology, (iii) Geophysics, (iv) Mathematics, and (v) Physics. The students will also have an option to leave and receive the M.Sc. degree after the completion of all academic conditions for the first four semesters.
As getting in one of the top colleges in India is no cake walk, we’d suggest that you prepare well for IIT JAM 2017!